Who’s the Further Challenge for?
This course is designed around the needs of colleges and universities. It exists to develop interesting and engaging ways to cater for more kinaesthetic learners. We work with you to provide educational programs that develop the students physically, mentally, and socially. Our “Further Challenge” courses allow bonding between participants, who through shared work, responsibility, and decision making will foster positive relationships that live on long after your time with us.
What are the benefits?
Specifically on a “Further Challenge” educational course a student will learn to:
- Plan, practice, and improve their performance in a range of outdoor activities
- Develop a range of skills in new and exciting environments
- Take responsibility for themselves and others
- Apply and evaluate the principles and practice of rescue and resuscitation
The activities you can choice from include; coasteering, climbing, abseiling, kayaking, mountain biking, canoeing, raft building, team games, raft building, gorge scrambling, sea level traversing, snorkelling and mountain walking.
Why choose us?
We tailor the course to your needs and have both residential and non residential options. All our courses are run by friendly expert coaches, many of whom are trained teachers; holding a PGCE award.
How to book
So, if you already know we can help you with your requirements please contact us with your exact needs. Or if you have any questions not answered in these pages, again, please feel free to ask us them directly. You can contact us via the phone number and email found at the top of the page. Or, fill in the enquiry form at the bottom of the page.
Why our Outdoor Educational programs are so good
- A unique feature of Outdoor Active courses is the flexibility of our packages. We have designed 4 different packages; one of which will suit your needs and budget.
- If you don’t have the chance to visit our beautiful activity centre in Anglesey, North Wales then we can come to you with one of our 1 day – “Team maker” visits
- If you can visit us and want to sample some real adventure activities then come visit us on Anglesey, North Wales and enjoy one of our 1 day - “Quick immersion” courses
- If you can come to us for longer and want to add a residential experience to your trip, but don’t have a whole week why not sample our “overnight initiative” which is a 2 day / 1 night course
- If you have the time why not comes on one of our “Total Immersion” courses. These week long activity residential are the ultimate way to experience Anglesey, Snowdonia and North Wales.
- If one of the courses above doesn’t fit in with your needs then please feel free to call us, or email us with your requirements and we can build a tailor made product just for you.
- We pride our self on offering courses that deliver measurable development through outdoor activities.
- Outdoor Education courses are designed to meet goals set out in the Welsh Assembly Governments Physical Education in the National Curriculum document.
- We also offer National Governing Body Awards. Examples of these are the Canoe Wales star tests. This mean the participant receives a nationally accredited award, which can be put in their record of achievement.
- As well as having the relevant qualification enabling the instructor to run the activity session many of our coaches are also qualified teachers.
- If not holding a PGCE many of our instructors and coaches hold degrees in other relevant fields.
- We have downloadable information (pdf’s) answering your common questions.