“The North West corner of Wales hosts some of the most celebrated and historically celebrated important rock climbs in the world” (Simon Panton, 2006)
Who’s a Guided rock climbing course for?
People with some previous climbing experience, whether that is leading indoors or seconding outdoors is not important. We can tailor the course to your previous experience. However, please be honest with us about what you have done, and realistic in your expectations. That way you will get the most from the course.
What you get . . . the skills
This is not really a skills course, but like any experience you can learn as little or as much as you wish to absorb!
- Techniques and tactics for movement over rock
- Ropework, knots and belaying
- Anchor choice for belays
- The principles of leading and protecting a fall
- The nuts and bolts of protecting the leader with natural, passive and dynamic gear placements
- How to get down safely from a climb
What you get . . . the package
Pre event – We will liaise with you to ensure the smooth organisation of the trip, provide you with a kit list, and answer any questions you may have on what equipment to buy. We can also provide equipment for this course at no extra cost
During the event – Firstly, we will meet you or at least ring you the night before your course to ensure you made it safely to the activity location and you have the equipment needed. If not we can make provision to get you what you need.
- Day 1 (Example) – After a hearty breakfast and a final equipment check we can head off to the hills. The route we head for depends what you want to “tick”; be it a sea cliff classic, a remote mountain route, or a Tremadog test piece, we can tailor the day to what you want to achieve. Some of the things we cover are ropework, belaying, and protecting yourself and your second. We’ll also run through good anchors and how to rate runner placements. All in all, a lot of information, but you take in what you want and leave the hard work to us!
This can run from 1 day to 5 days, depending how much energy you have!
Summary of what’s included
- Pre event support on logistics and equipment
- Meeting or phone call the night before the course to make sure everybody is fit and healthy
- A qualified MIA
- A guide to client ratio of 1:1 or 1:2
- Guided from start to finish
- A digital photo album of the event
How much does this cost?
The price for this is £200 per day*. You can come as a one or a two, and split the cost. Obviously, more people are welcome but we will operate as separate parties.
*= no accommodation. Nights in a premium bunkhouse can be added for £25 per person / per night.
How to book
So, if you already know we can help you with your requirements please contact us with your exact needs. Or if you have any questions not answered in these pages, again, please feel free to ask us them directly. You can contact us via the phone number and email found at the top of the page. Or, fill in the enquiry form at the bottom of the page. Also, take a look at our calendar to see what “Open to All Skills Courses” are coming up soon.
Don’t fancy this; think its a hard for you? If so, look at our Advanced scrambler (2 day) course, perfect for those people with some scrambling experience already, but dont yet feel ready for the vertical!.