Who’s the Active Challenge for?
This Outdoor education course is made specifically for primary schools. These courses develop children mentally, physically, and socially. The way the programme is designed, it helps schools / teachers meet their responsibilities to provide an inclusive National Curriculum.
What are the benefits?
Specifically, on an “Active Challenge” educational course a child will learn to:
- Swim and feel confident in the water
- Be introduced to reading and following a map
- Overcome challenges of a physical and cognitive nature
- Identify why they should be mindful of their own and others’ safety
- Plan and evaluate their individual and group responses to challenges
- Apply skills they already have in an unfamiliar environment
- Plan / do / review; a structure that can be employed in everyday life.
The activities you can choice from include; coasteering, climbing, abseiling, kayaking, mountain biking, canoeing, raft building, team games, raft building, gorge scrambling, sea level traversing, and mountain walking.
Why choose us?
We tailor the course to your needs and have both residential and non residential options. Where appropriate, the programs are designed around the National Curriculum and the Climbing Higher Strategy.
However, we also provide less structured courses where the emphasis is on fun, team work and personal development. All our courses are run by friendly expert coaches, many of whom are trained teachers; holding a PGCE award.
How to book
So, if you already know we can help you with your requirements please contact us with your exact needs. Or if you have any questions not answered in these pages, again, please feel free to ask us them directly. You can contact us via the phone number and email found at the top of the page. Or, fill in the enquiry form at the bottom of the page.
Why our Outdoor Educational programs are so good
- A unique feature of Outdoor Active courses is the flexibility of our packages. We have designed 4 different packages; one of which will suit your needs and budget.
- If you don’t have the chance to visit our beautiful activity centre in Anglesey, North Wales then we can come to you with one of our 1 day – “Team maker” visits
- If you can visit us and want to sample some real adventure activities then come visit us on Anglesey, North Wales and enjoy one of our 1 day - “Quick immersion” courses
- If you can come to us for longer and want to add a residential experience to your trip, but don’t have a whole week why not sample our “overnight initiative” which is a 2 day / 1 night course
- If you have the time why not comes on one of our “Total Immersion” courses. These week long activity residential are the ultimate way to experience Anglesey, Snowdonia and North Wales.
- If one of the courses above doesn’t fit in with your needs then please feel free to call us, or email us with your requirements and we can build a tailor made product just for you.
- We pride our self on offering courses that deliver measurable development through outdoor activities.
- Outdoor Education courses are designed to meet goals set out in the Welsh Assembly Governments Physical Education in the National Curriculum document.
- We also offer National Governing Body Awards. Examples of these are the Canoe Wales star tests. This mean the participant receives a nationally accredited award, which can be put in their record of achievement.
- As well as having the relevant qualification enabling the instructor to run the activity session many of our coaches are also qualified teachers.
- If not holding a PGCE many of our instructors and coaches hold degrees in other relevant fields.
- We have downloadable information (pdf’s) answering your common questions.